Ortho2 is the leading provider of practice management, imaging, and communication software to orthodontic professionals.
Data Conversion Specialist
Ortho2 is seeking a Data Conversion Specialist, for our Internal Services Department. The Data Conversion Specialist is responsible for the conversion of client data from various legacy systems into our software, as well as developing customized solutions for our existing clients. Our ideal candidate should have the desire to learn, be detail oriented with the ability to meet project timelines.
- Work closely with our client and our New Customer Care team to understand the client’s needs and develop a plan to meet their expectations and requirements.
- Review and evaluate the existing data sources and analyze the conversion steps required.
- Create project timelines and communicate with client and team members, assessing progress of deliverables from conception to completion.
- Design, develop, revise, and maintain SQL scripts, code, and queries for data translation, conversion, and reporting.
- Convert existing data, using ETL processes, creating queries and scripts to manipulate the data into the format needed.
- Conduct system testing and provide trouble-shooting to quickly and accurately find solutions to resolve issues.
- Communicate with both the customer and internal team members keeping both informed as to potential issues that may affect the timeline.
- Provide post conversion issue resolution, inefficiencies and/or recommendations for existing process changes.
- Assist in creating customizations to our practice management suite of orthodontic software.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Associated degree in Computer Science or related field, Bachelor degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience working with customers where analytical and technical problem solving was required.
- Must possess knowledge of data conversion routines, protocols, and ETL processes.
- Knowledge of ETL processes, data migration, data conversion, and/or data integration routines and protocols.
- Comfortable importing and exporting database files from multiple sources.
- Experience with HTML, SQL, XML, Visual Studio, and Microsoft Suite of products.
- Knowledge of C# not required, but would be a plus.
- Exposure with both Apple and Android applications.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills to multitask projects simultaneously with the ability to commit to and deliver projects on time.